Sometimes in publishing it’s not what you don’t know that gets you into trouble, it’s what you don’t know you don’t know. One thing a lot of authors don’t know to even ask about is metadata.
Hold on to your horses, ladies and gentlemen, because today we are going to nerd out about metadata with Joshua Tallent.
Joshua is a metadata nerd who got his start in publishing making ebooks for a Bible software application, and later became the leading expert in the Kindle ebook format. He now serves as the Director of Sales and Education at Firebrand Technologies, a company that helps publishers manage their internal workflows, digital distribution, and marketing efforts.
- What is metadata?
- Why is metadata important?
- Let’s talk about keywords.
- Is metadata different for Christian books?
- Is metadata different for ebooks and print books?
- What mistakes do publishers make with metadata?
- How can authors check what their metadata is?
- How can traditional authors affect their metadata?
- How can indie authors change their metadata?
Sponsor: Christian Writers Institute
An Overview of Both the Traditional and Independent Publishing Process
Would you like to be a published author but don’t know where to start? This course is for you. In this course, Thomas Umstattd shares a simple explanation of a complicated process. You will learn the pros and cons of traditional publishing and the pros and cons of independent publishing. You will also learn step by step how to go from idea to book on the shelf.
Use coupon code “podcast” at checkout to save 10%.