The 12 Key Pillars of Novel Construction takes the mystery out of building a solid story and shows you how to go from idea to complete novel in practical, easy-to-understand steps. And with this comprehensive workbook, you have a step-by-step blueprint to take your novel idea and build a strong, las...
The 12 Key Pillars of Novel Construction takes the mystery out of building a solid story and shows you how to go from idea to complete novel in practical, easy-to-understand steps. And with this comprehensive workbook, you have a step-by-step blueprint to take your novel idea and build a strong, lasting story.
Over and over, struggling writers make the same fatal mistakes in their manuscripts. Even writers who have studied all the best writing craft books and taken workshops and followed writers’ blogs still don’t get the structure. Truth is, a lot of writers believe they can write a novel without taking time to learn the nuts and bolts of novel construction. Just as with building a house, writers need to adeptly wield the proper tools and materials, and follow structurally sound rules if they hope to “build a novel.”
Smart writers will take the time to learn how to structure strong pillars that will hold up their novels. This companion workbook contains hundreds of questions, prompts, examples, and mind maps to help you build each essential pillar so it can carry the weight of your story. Without such foundational support, collapse is inevitable. There are 12 key pillars of novel construction, and if any of these pillars is weak, made of faulty materials, it will compromise the integrity of your novel.
Build a novel that will stand up to scrutiny and thrill readers!
- Brainstorm key questions and concepts for every pillar, to get you thinking deeply about your novel components.
- Work your idea into a strong concept with a kicker that will make your story unique and riveting.
- Explore the possible high stakes needed to to ensure your novel is ramped with tension.
- Pass twelve inspection checklists to ensure you’ve built each pillar with impervious materials.
- Create mind maps to generate the best “materials” with which to build your pillars of support.
- Use the scene-structure checklist and template to put each of your scenes through the fire, to make sure they won’t weaken your novel.
No other workbook offers you a working example like this! All the way through the workbook, you’ll watch a random idea develop from idea to full concept as each brainstorming question is explored alongside yours. No more guessing how to construct a novel. This workbook takes the mystery and confusion out of this complex and daunting endeavor!
Don’t waste time trying to guess at novel structure. By using this concise, detailed blueprint, you can be sure you’ll end up with a terrific novel—every time!
The 12 Key Pillars of Novel Construction Workbook is part of The Writer’s Toolbox Series of writing craft books for novelists. Be sure to get all of the books so you’ll have your toolbox filled to the brim with the tools you need to write novels that readers will rave about!