This episode was originally published here
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Author Media presents Novel Marketing, the longest-running book marketing podcast in the world. This is the show for writers who want to build their platform, sell more books, and change the world with writing worth talking about.
I’m your host, Thomas Umstattd Jr., and today I am hopefully at home with my wife and with or preparing for our new baby. Our guest today was gracious enough to let us interview her way ahead of time.
Joanna Penn is one of our most popular guests and the author of the brand new book: Productivity for Authors: Find time to Write, Organize Your Author Life and Decide What Really Matters.
Joanna, welcome to the Novel Marketing Podcast!
- Why is productivity important for authors?
- Most Interesting Man in the world.
- What stops authors from being productive?
- You are not your own boss, you are your own employee.
- One of the benefits of being an indie author is not having deadlines? Is this really a benefit?
- We all have the same 24 hours each day. So in some ways we can’t manage time, we can only manage priorities. How can authors separate the urgant from the important?
- Ok so we’ve made writing a priority, how do we make the most of our writing time?
- One way to get more done is to bring on more people to do the tasks. Many hands make light work. But for some authors, they spend more time managing their assistants than they save from their help. What advice do you have for delegation and outsourcing?
- What are some tools to help make us more productive?
- Any final productivity tips before we go?
- Where can people find out more about you?
- The Creative Penn Podcast
- Productivity for Writers (Affiliate Link)
Novel Marketing Mastermind Groups
Get personalized interactive training and encouragement from me and a small group of other mastermind. Once you join a Novel Marketing Mastermind Groups you get access to the Mastermind Slack Channel and the monthly mastermind video hangout.
Cheryl Elton author of Pathway of Peace: Living in a Growing Relationship with Christ
This book will help you calm the noises in your mind and experience more of God’s peace.
You can become a Novel Marketing Patron here.
Transcript generated algorithmically by Sonix(Affiliate Link).
Send in your Questions
Do you have a question you would like us to answer on the show? Call our listener help line! 512-827-8377. You can also send us a high quality recording on AuthorMedia.com/contact.
You have been listening to Thomas Umstattd Jr. on the Novel Marketing podcast, giving you innovative ideas on how to promote yourself and your writing, offline, online, and everywhere in-between. Thanks for listening.
The post 221 New Years Productivity for Authors With Joanna Penn appeared first on Author Media.