Author Media presents Novel Marketing, the longest-running book marketing podcast in the world. This is the show for writers who want to build their platform, sell more books, and change the world with writing worth talking about.
I’m your host, Thomas Umstattd Jr., and today we are going to talk about Instagram and Bookstagram. We have had requests for an Instagram episode for a long time but I have been waiting to find the right guest.
My wife follows Nadine Brandes on Instagram and was so pumped about her latest book Romanov that we pre-ordered a hardback copy of it. This was a big deal because my wife is not a big book buyer. She prefers to get classics from the library.
Nadine Brandes is one of a select few authors who do Instagram well. She is the author of Fawkes, Romanov, and the award-winning Out of Time Series. She currently writes for HarperCollins Publishers and geeks out over Lord of the Rings, British tea, and doing crazy things in the name of book research.
Nadine, welcome to the Novel Marketing Podcast!
- How did you get started with Instagram?
- How did you grow your Instagram following?
- What is Bookstagram?
- What is a hashtag?
- How did you get started as bookstagrammer?
- What advice do you have for authors who want their books featured by bookstagrammers?
- How important is the cover?
- How important is Hardback
- How important is self published books?
- What mistakes do authors make when connecting with bookstagrammers?
- What advice do you have for authors who want to become bookstagrammers themselves.
- How important is consistent curation? Like only bookstagramming a certain kind of book?
- How important is havings a good camera?
- Is Instagram for everyone?
- Any final Instagram tips?
- Where can our listeners find out more about you?
Podcast guesting gives you:
- a high-credibility way to reach new audiences
- the influence of a podcast without the work of starting your own
- access to influencers you couldn’t reach any other way
You don’t need to hire a PR firm for $3000 to schedule your podcast interviews. You just need to know the secrets of pitching podcasts yourself. And, once you start nailing interviews, podcasters will start reaching out to you to invite you on their shows.
With this course, you will learn how to become a sought-after podcast guest who has access to thought leaders and readers alike.
If you are ready to get your book the attention it deserves, this course is for you.
For the month of October, Patrons can save 80% on this course. After that, they can save 50%.
Learn more at NovelMarketing.com/courses
Lucia’s Renaissance by CLR Peterson
“Heresy is fatal in late Renaissance Italy, so only a suicidal zealot would so much as whisper the name of Martin Luther. But after Luther’s ideas ignite a young girl’s faith, she must choose–abandon her beliefs or risk her life in the turbulent world of late sixteenth-century Italy.”
You can become a Novel Marketing Patron here.
Transcript generated algorithmically by Sonix(Affiliate Link).
Do you have a question you would like us to answer on the show? Call our listener help line! 512-827-8377. You can also send us a high quality recording on NovelMarketing.com/contact.
The post 210 Bookstagramming on Instagram With Nadine Brandes appeared first on Author Media.